Flatonia Bistro Catches Fire

A fire at Red Vault Bistro in Flatonia on Sunday, Aug. 8, caused thousands of dollars in damage. Owners Gabriel Martinot and Elizabeth Muguira said the restaurant will likely stay closed two months for repairs.

According to a report from Flatonia Fire Chief John Burleson, the fire started from a faulty electric outlet in the southeast corner of the restaurant’s dining area. Muguira told the Record that a refrigerator was plugged into the outlet. She said the outlet and the plug had fused together.

Muguira said the restaurant was re-wired according to city electric code when she purchased the building in 2011.

“It must have been a fluke accident,” she said.

Burleson said his department received the fire call around 9:46 a.m.

 

To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition. http://etypeservices.com/Fayette%20County%20RecordID96/

Rate this article: 
No votes yet

Category - Tags:

Fayette County Record

127 S. Washington St.
P.O. Box 400
La Grange, TX 78945
Ph: (979) 968-3155
Fx: (979) 968-6767